Are you looking for ways to improve your study habits? Do you want better grades? StudyUp can help you study smarter. You get unlimited space to upload your notes. You can use StudyUp to search for, invite, and network with your Study Buddies. Live feeds give you instant updates when Buddies add notes! Best of - it's all FREE! Sign Up Today!
- Case Study
- Middle School
- High School
- Lesson Plans
Join StudyUp.com Today
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
You Recently Visited
Distance Learning Schools
Need Distance Learning Schools Study Help?
StudyUp can help improve your grades by enabling you to store all of your notes online, and network with other students - all for FREE!
Jimmie Said:Are there distance learning schools based in the Philippines?
We Answered:Distance learning schools in the Philippines usually operate on a modular program basis, wherein self-instructional modules are given for home study, while assignments have to be submitted and examinations physically taken on campus.
Degree programs have to be accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (www.ched.gov.ph). As of this date, only the following schools offer distance learning degree programs:
1. Asian Institute for Distance Education - offers modular degree programs in BS Business Administration, AB English, and AB Political Science. The system operates on a self-study module basis, with occasional submission of module tests, and taking of proctored final examinations at the school office. Address is at AIDE Office, Unit 302, Greenbelt Mansion, Perea St., Legaspi Village, Makati City. Tel. 632-8100968. AIDE is the oldest existing distance learning college in the Philippines, operating since 1984.
2. CAP College Foundation Inc. - offers modular baccalaureate programs in arts and sciences, and graduate programs in business administration and education. The system follows that of the AIDE, plus an option to study via the internet. The school can be reached at 5/F CAP II Building, 149 Legaspi St., Makati City. Tel. No. 632-8176586.
3. Polytechnic University of the Philippines Open University - offers modular programs in MBA, MPA, and other fields. Check the school at www.pup.edu.ph.
4. University of the Philippines Open University - offers modular programs in Associate in Arts, MA, MBA, MPM, MS, PhD in Education, and certificate courses. Check the school at www.upou.org.
5. Penn Foster Career School - offers certificate, diploma and high school programs online or via correspondence. Check the school at www.pennfosterglobal.edu. The Philippine office is at Suite 907, OMM-CItra Building, San MIguel Ave., Pasig City. Tel. No. 632-6375590. The school is not accredited by any Philippine government agency but is accredited by the Distance Education & Training Council, which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All modules follow the system in Penn Foster College in Pennsylvania, Thomson Education Direct in Australia and the International Correspondence Schools in the U.K.
6. De La Salle Professional Schools Graduate School of Business - offers online courses leading to MBA and DBA degrees. However, only some courses can be taken online. Majority of the course content require classroom atendance. Check the school at www.gsb.dls-psi.edu.ph
Joy Said:What are some good distance learning schools?
We Answered:University of Phoenix is a really bad option. You need better advisors...
Three decent "purely online/distance" schools are:
Western Governors U
Elsie Said:Do you know any good distance learning schools?
We Answered:To many words =[[
welll.my sister (older) went to a public school
in 1st grade.but it was really horrible.so she went
to a private school (now,ido too.) and lots of
private school has college courses.but some are
different.like.they'll dismiss you at the half day and
let you go to a college near it,the other half day.
then when our in like 12 grade around nov-dec.
you'll gradurate. (sorry bad spelller,im a freshmen =p)
Russell Said:I want to enroll in distance learning and i am working in Saudi Arabia pls let me know some schools available.?
We Answered:You might want to try the University of Southern Queensland in Australia. I am studying at USQ online and I've had a few fellow students in my classes studying from Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
USQ will provide an exam centre near where you live. That won't be a problem. And they offer a wide range of degrees from undergraduate to graduate.
Check them out here:
I have also completed a BS online through Excelsior College in the USA: http://www.excelsior.edu. This college is the oldest distance education provider in the USA and is regionally accredited.
All Australian universities have Australian government accreditation. The Australian government does not permit for a non-accredited university to operate in Australia.
If you have any questions about what it's like studying at USQ, or Excelsior College, send me an email.
Hope this helps.
Christina Said:what are the distance learning schools in the phillipines?
We Answered:You will find below the information that you need./
Rosemary Said:Are there any online/distance learning schools that offer IB program?
We Answered:No. Unfortunately, IB requirements won't allow it.
However, if you're in high school, you could focus on AP courses. I'm not familiar enough with online programs to know which ones offer them, but that would be what to look for.