Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added

Use these Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds to get into the zone when you need to get down to some serious study time.


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

You Recently Visited

Studies In Canada

Cynthia Said:

Social Studies Canada And The United States Please Help?

We Answered:

Well, for the second question, I know that the arrival of European settlers didn't help the lives of the indigenous people very much considering that they brought tons of diseases like yellow fever and small pox and a lot of the Native Americans' land was taken away. Like in the Trail of Tears. I'm sure there were good things but I can't remember off the top of my head. Good luck :)

Carla Said:

Can someone from Iceland, who studies in Canada be a part of the British Royal Navy?

We Answered:

To be in the Royal Navy you need to be a British citizen or a citizen of a Commonwealth Nation (Iceland is not in the Commonwealth of Nations). If they applied and gained citizenship through links to the United Kingdom they could have served, but without them holding citizenship and no links (such as relatives, husband/wife, etc...) you cannot enter or work in the UK.

If this individual says they were in the Navy, just ask what ships they served on. All sailors remember that.

Louise Said:

What will happen to my studies in Canada?

We Answered:

you are MOVING to Canada...your schooling will probably be determined by your age (and whatever their equivalent grade is in Canada) and it depends on where you live and what school you'll go to.
(since you're asking in the US..I'm being general if you want better answers, scroll down to the Canadian flag and ask there.)

Sonia Said:

Is it possible to pursue university studies in Canada even if you've been out of the country for some time?

We Answered:

Hmm...In terms of medical school, you should look up the prerequisite courses of the universities you'd like to apply to (ie organic chem, physics, etc). Each school has different requirements. I mean, it's definitely possible to apply, however, you need to keep in mind that some of your credits may not be accepted/transferrable. It might be a better idea to complete your pre-req's in Canada because of this...As well, there are limited spots for international students, as most universities prefer those that have studied in Canadian schools. But then again, I won't pretend to be an expert. Contact the schools to find out...

Yvonne Said:

Im a 2nd year college in Philippines, can i still continue my studies in canada without starting over again?

We Answered:

If the courses you took in the Philippines U are comparable, you probably will get credit for them.

Basic courses are usually not a problem in international transfers - it is the upper-division courses that give the Registrar headaches.

Here is how you can help yourself - make sure you have a college catalog that includes the courses you took, as well as the official "course descriptions" [the Registrar from your current U can give you this information.

Unless the materials are already in English, you must have them translated. I recommend that the translation be done by a native English-speaker, having personally reviewed some translated documants that made no sense to me at all.

Good luck to you - and Welcome to Canada. I hope you like COLD weather.

Yolanda Said:

If a foreign national studies in Canada and later applies for citizenship, does their time as a student count?

We Answered:

first you have to get permanent residency status, but once you have PR status, then yes, some time spent in Canada before you got PR will count towards citizenship.

You can count 3 of the last 4 years in Canada before you apply for citizenship. Of those 3 years 2 years minimum AFTER geting PR, MUST be spent in Canada. The 3rd year may be either lived in Canada after PR, or used up with 2 years (counting as half time to fill that 3rd year) in Canada before you gained PR. The time before PR is counted as half time.

Since I cant use links- I'll try and explain.

you're been in Canada for 3 years and got PR 3 years ago - then you can apply for citizenship.

You've been in Canada for 5 years and got PR 2 years ago, then you can use the 2 years since PR and the 2 years immediately before PR to count toward the citizenship requirement.

You've been in Canada for 3 years and you got PR status 1 year ago. You cannot apply for citizenship as you have not yet fulfilled the requirements. You need to be in Canada for 2 years AFTER PR to qualify.

I suggest you check and check the citizenship pages for details.

Discuss It!